From Wiki Journal Club
Benjamin A. Weinberg (MD), chief hematology/oncology fellow at the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C., USA.
- MPACT: Gemcitabine plus nab-paclitaxel improves survival over gemcitabine alone in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer
- PRODIGE 4 ACCORD 11: FOLFIRINOX improves survival over gemcitabine in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer.
Landmark Papers Pending Summary
- KEYNOTE-024: Patients with untreated advanced PD-L1 positive NSCLC have improved survival with pembrolizumab over platinum-based chemotherapy.
- PD-1 Blockade in MMR Deficient Cancers: Patients with mismatch-repair deficient tumors have improved response rates with pembrolizumab.
- NAPOLI-1: Nanoliposomal irinotecan in combination with leucovorin and fluorouracil improves survival in patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer who already received gemcitabine.
- ESPAC-3: Gemcitabine does not improve overall survival compared with leucovorin and fluorouracil in patients with resected pancreatic cancer, but gemcitabine is better tolerated.