From Wiki Journal Club
Dave R. Gupta, MD, MPH (Medical College of Georgia), an internal medicine resident in Atlanta at Emory University.
- BRIM-3: Vemurafenib improved overall survival for metastatic melanoma patients with a BRAF V600 mutation.
- CheckMate-066: Nivolumab substantially improved PFS and OS for metastatic melanoma patients without a BRAF mutation.
- KEYNOTE-006: Pembrolizumab outperformed ipilimumab in PFS and OS for unresectable and metastatic melanoma.
- EORTC 18071: Ipilimumab improved overall survival in patients with completely resected Stage III melanoma.
- CLEOPATRA: Pertuzumab significantly improves survival in HER2+ metastatic breast cancer when added to trastuzumab/docetaxol.
- Canadian National Breast Screening Study: Annual mammogram led to higher rates of overdiagnosis with no mortality benefit in women 40-59.
- IALT: Adjuvant cisplatin-based chemotherapy improves survival in patients with complete surgical resection of Stage I-III NSCLC.
- COLONPREV: FIT is noninferior to colonoscopy in detecting colorectal cancer, at interim analysis.
- PREPIC-2: In patients with PE at high risk of recurrence, IVC filter failed to reduce risk of recurrent PE compared to anticoagulation alone.
- FLORALI: High flow nasal cannula (HFNC) substantially improved mortality in acute hypoxemic respiratory failure compared to NIPPV.
- REVERT: The modified Valsalva maneuver converts more patients with SVT to sinus rhythm than Valsalva alone.